Thursday, August 17, 2006

Donald and Daisy!!!


Whenever we have visited Manipal hospital, Gopal and I have admired the two ducks roaming in the lawn. All of a sudden, Gopal got two ducks ( a male and a female) to our house. I was totally surprised and overjoyed. I named them Donald(male) and Daisy(female).

It was fun to watch them stroll in our balcony as couple. Their waddling is a good feast to our eyes. It is like two serious people walking in the lawn having some hi-fi business talks. The beauties have a terrible voice though! When they quacked, it wasn't very pleasant initially. But soon, I started liking their voices :)

They weren't very happy to hear the noise caused by the trucks and vehicles on the road. Whenever a big truck passes by, they scream and rush into our house. Later, they got used to the sounds. It was news to me that they eat frogs as their food. However, we have made them veggy ducks by giving them only rice and apples. :)

Now, they have been taken to my mom's place where they have a huge lawn to waddle !! We miss them already !!!

No comments: