Thursday, December 29, 2005

Key to Failure

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody" - somebody

This quotation must have been said after a thorough experience of the same. This has happened for me too. Instead of going by what I think, I try to think mostly on what others might think. It makes me a compassionate person...Agreed! But, does it help any further? As always, I have landed myself in an open-ended question.

Trying to please everybody is definetely a mammoth task. First of all, there are lots of people to be considered. Then, their different moods. To add more , the different situations. And, there comes the limitation of my own character and core values. Oh...How many variations? Instead of concentrating on the actual thing in hand, if my thinking is diverted on pleasing everybody, then my Goal is diluted as well.

So, watch out!!!

2 comments:

Common Sense Blogger said...

Dont we all have our moments when we have tried to please everybody but ended up pleasing no one including ourseleves? Really has motivated to me think ... Keep writing and good luck!

Kodak said...

Pleasing everybody will never work. This is an advice given to me by my Professor. He said relationship should be treated like concentric circles, with the individual being in the center of it and the friends and relatives on each circle. The smaller the circle, the closer the person to you and the harder you think of pleasing him/her. Makes sense and makes the problem much more simpler and managable.