Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Bring out the Kid in your heart

I observe, most of the times people want to show they are very matured in their thoughts, action and speech. But , at times I like the Kid's heart or mind which is sitting inside each of us, trying to get out. It so happens, people bring out that kid's heart only in rare occasions.

Just a recap of such an incident:
I was traveling in the intercity express from Coimbatore to Bangalore on an afternoon. In the train, I saw an old gentleman carrying his grand-daughter (who is a tiny tot ...might be 9 months or an year old), trying to pacify her as she was crying due to the sultry weather.

Since that was an afternoon train, all the coaches were seaters and had fans over head. Some of the fans were working and some weren't. He switched on the fan just above his seat. As expected, the fan did not work. And, he was very frustrated. Meanwhile, I just told him to try rotating the wings of the fan with a pen ( courtesy: Anniyan Movie). He gave me a look of disbelief and still did it. The fan started working ! :) Now, he gave a broad grin.

This thing fascinated him a lot. He carried his grand-daughter and went to the fans which weren't working in that compartment and used this technique to make it work. I was seeing the happiness in his face. He was thoroughly enjoying it.

I just saw a kid in the old man who was having an innocent fun!

No comments: