Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Left-Handed writing

This has been one of my passion since childhood. I have practised writing using left-hand whenever i am bored. I have read in one article that when we are ambidextrous, our brain works more efficiently and our life-span increases.

Apart from the facts and fiction, I really enjoy this way of writing. When we were kids, our mom or dad or the teacher would have guided us in writing. I have been given practise to write using my right hand. That's the way I am now. But, when I try writing using my left hand, I feel i am training myself with my own writing skills. It is as though my left brain is teaching my right brain to do this task! This is kind of very peculiar and I like it! :)

Some pondering thoughts .....
When we use right hand for writing, we start from left side of the page and end in right. But, I have seen left-handed people who write from right side of the page and end in left. But, I wonder the notebooks are all designed specifically for right-handed users. I guess the writing speed for left-handed writers will be hindered because of this. I also wonder, in their case, will the meaning of forward (/) and backward (\) slash be interchanged ?!?!?!

I think I need to do more research on this.

After my short research, I am updating this post with the following link
http://www.anythingleft-handed.co.uk/faq.html

4 comments:

RaiBoy said...

That's an interesting blog. Reminded me of the school days when the teachers used punish the students who were trying to write using the left hand. I think left handers always have very stylish handwriting.

Vanaja said...

yes. I have heard even parents punishing the kids, if they write using their left hand.
I just like to see people writing using their left hand. May be since it is different from the big group, it attracts attention :)

Krish said...

I had the habit of left-hand writing which I knocked off so that I won't be punished by my parents.

Hmm.. but now you can add my left handwriting with the list of cacography, of course with right-hand too..

The Last Blogger said...

I write right to left. No different from right handers :)